lunes, 5 de diciembre de 2011

The Phoenix. 4.

Life in Flagstaff is easy. You open your heart and give love your way. My way? Cooking for everyone. Baking bread or croissants early in the morning. Driving people to some of the many places the area has to offer. Other than the Grand Canyon and Sedona, there are tens of places to explore. Soon I discover some of them. Canyon de Chelly, the Hopi Mesas, Monument Valley. All inside the Reservations. Soon I become kind of expert in Dine and Hopi places. Why? Well, I start to experience what that medium told me long ago. I am native north american. So they tell me. They come to me. They ask me to drive them back to the res. They ask me for a sleeping bag they know I will give away. They come directly to me when injured. They stop me in the street and tell me out of the blue: "you are native". They ask me to stay. They invite me to a secret hopi kachina ceremony, me and a friend, the only whities. Too much for coincidence. These people, they know me like no one ever did. These peoples, my peoples. We share the pain. We share a vision, we are part of the universe as creatures, as any other creature. The world was not created for our exploitation.
And then, love. Yes, without any warning, my heart starts to beat again for someone, someones, I say. What happened next brings me back to the world of the living and loving. Amour, because my comeback to love is certainly said with a French accent.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario